How to Plan a Perfect Golden Triangle Trip in Odisha?
Noted for natural beauty, history, sand-kissed shoreline, fascinating tribal culture, forested hills, Odisha is an admirable holiday destination. Bestowed with lip-smacking authentic cuisines, fabulous nature reserves, adventure opportunities, the land has everything to give to all kinds of visitors, travel lovers. Orissa is a destination of rich heritage, culture, history, devotion, monuments, fun, memories, and experience. The three prime cities of the state are Bhubaneswar, Konark, and Puri. They make a famous tourist circuit; do opt for Odisha golden triangle tour next time. These three destinations hold amazing history and sites to visit and allure the maximum number of visitors and tourists every year from all parts of the world.
A well-planned perfect Golden Triangle trip in Odisha gives a glimpse into the beautiful temple architecture, historical sights, exotic migratory birds, golden sand beaches, and a hospitable and simple lifestyle. Odisha is famously known as India’s land of the rising sun, and here get an idea of how to plan your Bhubaneswar Konark Puri trip. Depending on the time on hand, you can plan a four-day or a six-day trip to make the most of the tour and have relaxation.
- Bhubaneswar is the capital city of Odisha and is the perfect point to start the tour. The self-drive or car rentals will make the touring simpler and hassle-free as everything is within reach and the views are scenic. The temple city has beautiful stunning temples like Lingaraja, Raja Rani, Mukteswara, Parsurameswara, Satruganeswara, to name a few. Alongside, one can plan to visit the Dhauli hills, Shanti Stupa, the famous landmarks of the Buddhist heritage. Also, one can think of visiting the handicrafts house or Odisha State Museum in the city.
- Next, the itinerary should cover the visit to Konark from the city. It will take a maximum of 2 hours to get there. En-route, the exotic handicrafts village Pipli is there, famous for its exquisite applique artwork and souvenirs. Feel free to spend some time there and later move to the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Konark Sun Temple. The temple architecture is breathtaking, built in the 13th century by the King Narasimhadeva I. Do try visiting here during early morning or evening time and understand this marvellous architectural site’s history. At the temple entrance, there are several stalls and shops from where you can buy local handicrafts.
- The Konark Puri marine drive route is beyond beautiful and scenic, blessed with alluring casuarinas forests and sea views. The journey from Konark to Puri is hardly a one-hour drive, and the road is smooth. Do make sure to stop by at the amazing Chandrabagha beach en-route. It is a must-visit beach, famous for its spellbinding beauty. Puri sightseeing is primarily known and well-acknowledged for the divine Lord Jagannath temple and seeking the deity’s blessing. The temple’s complex is huge, and a priest can help you comprehend the significance and architecture. You can ask your Puri travel agent, or hotel about the Jagannath mandir darshan, contacting someone local to let you give a better understanding. Every evening, many visitors visit the temple to see the Dhwaja ceremony, which is more than 800 years old custom. The trained individuals climb at the top of the temple and change the flag tied to the Nila Chakra wheel. Also, evening aarti is soothing to the soul and mind and a good time for the darshan. Inside the temple’s complex, the largest food market, Ananda bazaar, is there. Enjoy the prasadam here. Later, please visit the many lanes near the temple, selling various goods, knick-knacks, sarees, souvenirs, etc. Do not forget to try the authentic delicacies of the city. To name a few, it includes mushroom pakora, mushroom biryani, Chhena Poda, Matar ka paani, the main prasadam Khaja, malpua, rasgulla, Kheera puli. If you love beaches and varieties of seafood, Puri beach is the place to be. The beach has many stalls selling handicrafts and beautiful jewellery made up of seashells at great prices. If time allows, visit the local Raghurajpur village a few kilometers away from Puri to see the land’s traditional Patta Chittra art.
- The Puri tourism is incomplete without paying a visit to Chilika Lake, a homeland to several migratory birds. This Asia’s biggest brackish saltwater lake attracts many tourists from all around, and there are a few relaxing and luxurious resorts here with all modern amenities. Feel free to even visit the Satapada town at Chilika, home to exotic Irrawaddy dolphins, and spot these rare, unique, beautiful creatures.
The best time to visit Odisha and explore the Bhubaneswar Konark Puri tour is between November to March. The weather is extremely pleasant and delightful during this time, and a lot of events and festivals were held too. According to the time availability, one can plan their perfect Golden triangle tour and visit Orissa in a comfortable, relaxing, and hassle-free way. Best Choice Holiday tour and travel is one trusted operator offering different tour packages to Odisha at competent quotes. Contact them now, discuss all the details of the tour, and start packing to explore the most unforgettable and cherishing time ahead.
- Baisipalli An Immersive Rural and Jungle Experience in Odisha - March 25, 2021
- Landscapes You Wouldn’t Expect in Odisha - March 24, 2021
- A Challenging Hike Through the Sipsey Wilderness Rajagada Waterfall - March 19, 2021